Role of parents in substance prevention and education webinar
Our ‘Parents Matter’ webinars aim to support parents on the topic of drugs and adolescence. Even though parents are just one of many factors that affect how teenagers use substances, they are the most significant factor. Our speakers take a holistic approach to help you navigate this area.
A series of topics will be covered relating to:
- Substance use among teens
- Drug prevention and education
- Professor Bobby Smyth, Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Emer Loughrey, Counsellor
- Monica Whyte, Systemic Family Psychotherapist
This online event will support you to understand:
- The current drug and alcohol landscape, including the latest drug trends such as cannabis edibles and other substances of concern
- Parent’s role in supporting healthy decision making by their children.
- Developmental stages: the reasons why parent’s should seek to delay or avoid young people’s entry into the world of alcohol and drug use.
- Prevention: The steps which parents can take to reduce the likelihood that their son or daughter develops a substance use problem
- Expert experiences: The HSE Adolescent Addiction Service’s experiences in working with young people.
- Support: The information and support options for concerned parents in their local are
NEXT EVENT: Join our Parents Matter Webinar at 7:00pm on the 23rd November
Our next event is in partnership with the HSE South East Addiction Services.
Topics covered on this webinar are:
how to prevent the use of the aboveRegister for webinar here: