Open Mental Health and Drug Awareness Conversation
Speakers on the night are:
- Conor Harris previous participant of RTE’s series Davy’s Toughest Team and is also actively playing GAA at club level. Conor is proud to be sharing his story to generations young and old with the aim of spreading hope.
- David Wade Psychotherapist / Clinical Hypnotherapist and Youthreach tutor. 25 years’ experience working with teenagers, helping them overcome, issues they may encounter such as anxiety, depression and addiction.
- George Henderson has just finished a degree in counselling and psychology. He is working towards his Masters in addiction counselling next year. George will be talking about addiction recovery and how easy someone can get caught up with drugs and what supports there are to break the cycle.
- Sergeant Deirdre O’Neill of An Garda Siochana in Waterford to talk about drug awareness.
- The start of a conversation relating to mental health and drug awareness. Knowledge isn’t power, applied knowledge is power. As a community we are aware of the challenges posed by mental ill health and the increasing drug situation now so prevalent among young people in all sections of society. This open night will hopefully help provide information on sources of support available. It will also help understand the current culture of drug use and hopefully give an insight for both parents and young people to be aware of signs. It will also help highlight the signs of mental health issues in young people and how best to source help and understanding of the issues.
REMEMBER YOU ARE NOT ALONE – THERE IS HELP OUT THERE
to come along to this free event book here: