Child & Adolescent
BRILL Family Resource Centre
Family Support Service
Our experienced staff provide advice, support and training to parents and guardians. Families can come in confidence and we will work with the family in putting together a package of supports to best meet the needs of your family. We work with individuals and groups across all ages providing support covering a variety of needs.
A number of supports we offer to families include:
- Parenting support
- Parenting when separated
- Non-violent resistance-Responding to child to parent violence
- Social skills support for children
- Support for children being bullied
- Support for children who are bullying
- School refusal support for parents and children
- Support for anxious children
- Parenting an anxious child
- Strengthening family relationships
- Emotional regulation support for children
- Confidence and self-esteem building
- Supporting children adjusting to separation/loss
- Emotional support for parents and children, Self-care support for parents
- Support for children with learning needs
- Goal setting and motivation
- Signposting and advocating on behalf of families
We are currently providing two groups to address particular identified needs:
- Parents who are supporting children with School Refusal Issues come together for mutual support on a weekly basis where advice and tips are provided to help parents to support their children to improve attendance.
- A Dyslexia Support Group for children aged 10-12 years who have a diagnosis of Dyslexia and we are currently taking names of interested children and families.
Community Development is a very important part of our work. BRILL FRC works with local groups towards ensuring the community gets access to the very best services and groups.
Access to Service
Self-referrals can be made by contacting the service directly. BRILL FRC will also accept referrals from other professionals and agencies