Barnardos Family Support Waterford
Barnardos family support project is based in the Ballybeg community and provides support to families across Waterford city, mid county and Dungarvan. The service aims to promote the emotional wellbeing and positive learning outcomes for children.
Our Family support service is child focused and responds to the individual child and family by evaluating what their needs are and carefully tailoring a personal package of services to respond to those needs.
We offer services across the age ranges on both a group and individual basis (child-focused, parent-focused and family-focused). Family support encompasses a very wide range of specific services including:
- Family support – Parent / Child work
- Parenting programs
- Sensory attachment work
- Loss and bereavement work
- Programmes to support children showing poor social and emotional skills and struggling with peer relationships
- Programmes to support young people at risk of early school leaving
- Individual work with children / young people
- Support programmes for children affected by Parental drugs and alcohol abuse
- Support programmes for children affected by family violence
- Support for children and families of minority groups including Travellers, Refugees & Asylum Seekers
- Practical support
- Weekend playground service for children aged 4 – 12yrs
- School based programmes supporting social and emotional skills
Self referrals and agency referrals are accepted. Referrals forms can be obtained from the project on the number below.