Child & Adolescent
Substance Misuse Support
BALL Youth Diversion Project
The B.A.L.L. Project is a Youth Diversion Project (YDP) who works with young people aged between 12 and 18 from Ballybeg, Lisduggan and Larchville in Waterford City and surrounding areas. The project supports young people at risk in the areas of their lives that assist them to make positive choices for themselves, with the aim of diverting them from lives of crime.
The needs of the young people are met through participation in various programmes and activities, such as:
- Crime intervention & Prevention Programmes.
- One-to-one Sessions using motivational interviewing and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Group Work Sessions through Youth Work.
- Outreach and detached work in the community
- Blended Learning through Outdoor Pursuits and experiential programmes
- Summer & Seasonal Programmes.
- Family Work.
- Providing Training opportunities.
- C.V. Building.
- Education Support.
- Issue based Programmes e.g. drug education, mental health awareness, sexual health programmes.